Our Weekly GriefShare Support Group:
After the funeral, when the cards & flowers have stopped coming, most of the people around you return to their normal lives. But your grief continues, and you feel alone.
Often, friends & family want to help you, but don’t know how. That’s the reason for GriefShare. Our group is led by caring people who have experienced grief and have successfully rebuilt their lives. We understand how you feel because we’ve been in the same place. We will walk with you on the long path through grief toward healing and hope for the future.
GriefShare is a network of 12,000+ churches worldwide equipped to offer grief support groups. The program is appropriate for people at any level of faith, or affiliated with any denomination, and contains practical information on how to find God’s strength through mourning & grief. You do NOT have to attend Servant Church to attend the group that meets here. You may learn more about GriefShare at www.GriefShare.org
What To Expect
GriefShare is a support group that meets weekly. You’ll find it to be a warm, caring environment and will come to see your group as an “oasis” on your long journey through grief. There are three key parts to your GriefShare experience: A Video Seminar, Support Group discussion time, and Journaling in the Workbook.
We understand this is a big step for you. Please feel free to simply ‘test drive’ our group by sitting in on a meeting as a trial run – NO obligation or feeling any pressure to return, if you find the group is not a fit for you. Here’s how to get started…
- WHERE: Servant Church of the Abingtons (formerly Clarks Green Assembly), 204 S. Abington Rd., Clarks Green, PA 18411
- WHEN: GriefShare typically meets on Wednesday evenings at Servant Church from 7pm to 8:30pm
- HOW: Simply call Louise Cator, church secretary, and inform her of your desire to attend. 570.586.8286 – OR – use the contact form (scroll below). We’re excited to have you join us!
- GROUP LEADERS: Rev. Ron & Donna Liples
- COST: The ONLY cost associated with this course is a one-time fee of $20 for the workbook, should you decide (after your 1st attendance) to remain with the group. The workbook contains daily materials & perspectives that are indispensable to managing your grief journey.
Spring 2021 Meeting Schedule
Our Spring 2021 meetings will begin on Wednesday, March 3 at 7pm and run each Wednesday evening through May 26. GriefShare runs in a sequence of 13 grief-related sessions, each with their own topics. These are designed to stand alone… so feel free to jump in at any time convenient to you. After Week 13, we start over again with session 1.